At The Stafford Arms, the safety of our staff and visitors is of utmost importance.
Our staff are here to look after you in the safest way possible and the following measures have been put in place to help you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
First, we would ask that if you do not feel well or have any Covid-19 symptoms especially a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, that you self-isolate at home and visit us at a later date.
Dining with us
• When wishing to dine (up to a maximum of 6 people) you will be required to book a table online via our reservation system. Alternatively, you are welcome to telephone us on 01782 502266. All tables booked on a Friday through to Sunday will need to be secured with a debit or credit card details.
• When you arrive please sanitise your hands using the Sanitising station at the Front Entrance.
• Please then wait for a member of our team to take you to your table.
• Your order for food and drinks will be taken at your table, once you have looked at our menu on the website.
• Please do not move around the pub for the safety of everyone. Your server will get anything you need, including drinks as the bar is restricted. Children will be expected to sit at a table so they do not impinge on other guests and our staff by compromising social distances.
• If you would like to use the toilets please ensure you are aware of our Toilet Etiquette (see more information below) before using the facility. Please check with a staff member before entering the toilets as we would prefer one person at a time using them.
Coming inside for a drink
• You do not need to reserve a table to come and join us for a drink. However, a number of tables have been removed so availability maybe limited. Tables in the bar are limited to 4 people due to the social distancing requirements. A limited number of tables in the Stables area can accommodate 6 people, but these are on a first come first served basis.
• You are required by law to check in to Track and Trace and will be requested to do this before your server takes a drinks order.
• Drinks orders will be taken by a member of our team, with a maximum of 6 people per table.
Visitors joining us outside
• If joining us outside, firstly you are required by law to check in to Track and Trace and will be requested to do this before your server takes a drinks order.
• Please do not move the tables. If you do need to move tables please speak to a member of our team as the tables have all been safely positioned at the correct social distance, with the chairs facing the correct way. If the weather is good a member of our team will be assigned outside and will take orders for both food and drinks, once you have looked at our menu on the website.
• If the weather is not so great but you still wish to sit outside, please come to the main entrance, sanitise your hands at the Sanitiser Station, then wait for a member of the team who will then come outside with you, so you can order at your table.
• The use of the Children’s Play Area and for the safety of everyone, we ask that you ensure your children are maintaining the social distance when playing and are not impinging on other guests and our staff by compromising these distances.
Please familiarise yourself with our Toilet Etiquette.
Enter the building through the main entrance and join the queue waiting for the toilet. A staff member will indicate when you can move through to the toilets. Only one person/family permitted at a time.
• Upon entering the toilets, please wash your hands.
• Upon entering the cubicle, sanitise the toilet and dispenser.
• Once finished in the cubicle, sanitise the toilet, dispenser and door handle/lock.
• Finally, wash your hands thoroughly.
• Do not touch anything further in the toilet and leave clean for the next person.
Dogs are not currently permitted indoors in accordance with Government guidelines.